I’m Scott Birdsey,a web designer & amateur bike racer in Albany, NY.
I’m a web designer
I’ve been working on the web for the past decade.
Web design goes something like this:
- Define what precisely a website exists for.
- Design a content structure and visual theme around use.
- Develop the code-base and, if necessary, authoring tools, with an eye for accessibility and performance.
Wow – that sounds so easy!
I’m currently working on getting some, uh, work onto the site to share –
in the meantime, feel free to contact me.
But also, I’m an amateur cyclist
My journey into racing bikes began in 2015 as a 15-years-long smoker. I was craving new adventure and cleaner lungs. I race cyclocross with NYCROSS and road with Capital Bicycle Racing Club, of which I am also a board member. I am the race director for Troy, NY’s cyclocross weekend, the Uncle Sam Grand Prix, and a brand ambassador for KTM Bike Industries.
I like to think about bike racing almost as much as I like to do it. So, you can expect lots of writing here on the topic.
My humble race highlights.
- 1st, Downtown White Plains Criterium (NYS Criterium Championships), Cat 4
- 1st, Prattsburgh Gravel Classic (NYS Gravel Racing Championships), Intermediate
- 4th, Black Fly Challenge, Overall
- 2nd, Myles Standish Forest Road Race, Cat 4
- 11th, National Cyclocross Championships, Men 23-39 Non-championship Open
- 1st, Tour of the Battenkill, Cat 5
- 2nd, Tour of the Hilltowns, Cat 5
- 2nd, Capital Region Road Race, Cat 5
- 2nd, Uncle Sam Grand Prix (NYS Cyclocross Championships), Cat 4
- 1st, Cross Out Child Abuse, Cat 3/4